We use 1.6–2 grams of coffee per fluid ounce of water; our recipe makes about 32 ounces (900 grams) of brewed coffee.
-60 grams freshly-roasted whole bean coffee
-Grinder (we recommend burr grinders for consistency and performance)
-French press (we use the Bodum Chambord 8 cup)
-Hot water (195–205 F)
Let's Brew This!
1. Heat 900 grams of water to boil and let cool
2. Grind the appropriate amount of coffee just before brewing
Grind should be medium-coarse roughly the size of coarsely cracked pepper
3. Add ground coffee to French press carafe and level the bed
4. Wet all grounds and fill the carafe about halfway with hot water
Stir the grounds to encourage even brewing–this helps to release CO2 gas.
5. Add the remaining water
Pour evenly to the top
6. Replace plunger
Press down just enough to create a seal. Let the coffee brew about 4 minutes.
7. At about 4 minutes, the coffee is ready to filter.Press down slowly to avoid overly-agitating the coffee. Align the spout so it’s ready to pour.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Decant any remaining coffee to fully stop brewing in the press.