We use 2.6 grams of coffee per fluid ounce of water when brewing AeroPress, which produces a more concentrated brew than most brewing methods. Our recipe makes about 7 ounces (200 grams) brewed coffee.
-18 grams freshly-roasted whole bean coffee
-Grinder (we recommend burr grinders for consistency and performance)
-AeroPressPaper or metal filter
-Hot water (200–205 F)
Let's Brew This!
1. Weigh 200 grams water, bring to a boil and let cool
2. Weigh 18 grams coffee
3. Grind coffee medium-fine (roughly the size of granulated table salt)
4. Add grounds to AeroPress and level the coffee bed.We recommend brewing "inverted" with the plunger on the bottom.
5. Begin brewing
Start the timer and add 100 grams hot water; enough to wet all the grounds and fill AeroPress about halfway. Stir a few times to saturate all grounds and ensure even brewing–this helps to release CO2 gas. Add the remaining 100 grams water, pouring evenly to the top.
6. At 1:45, stir a few more times, then secure the filter and cap to the AeroPress
7. At 2 minutes, flip onto cup or carafe and press down slowly
Stop pressing when you hear a hissing sound. Total brew time should be around 2.5 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!